Cheap Movers - Moving Company Las Vegas - #1 Source for Reliable Moves
Honest and Courteous Movers serving Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Henderson, Spring Valley, and the greater Las Vegas metroplex
If you're thinking about a do-it-yourself move to save money, check out our moving rates first!
At Cheap Movers Las Vegas, we help get you big discounts on professional moving services, so you CAN afford to let someone else do all the work.
There are so many to-dos when it comes to completing a move successfully. If you're reading this, you are probably already well on your way to a successful move. To help you keep your move organized, here is our helpful moving checklist!:
60 days out from your move:
- Declutter the house: There's no need to take things you no longer use to your new home, so open those closets and peak under those beds. Make organized piles of what you're keeping, what you're donating/selling, and what should go straight to the landfill. Purging before your move will make unpacking and organizing your new home feel much better.
- Organize records: Make sure all of your important documents are in one place. Go ahead and obtain school records for your kids and medical/dental records from your health professionals.
- Get a quote: While you're here, contact us for free quotes from moving companies in Las Vegas. We've already ensured that they are licensed and insured, so that's one less thing you'll have to worry about.
30 days out from your move:
- Confirm moving plans: Touch base with your moving company and finalize the date and time for your move.
- Order moving supplies: While you can always get new boxes from packing supply stores and places like Home Depot, there are several websites that allow you to order used moving materials, which are cheaper and better for the environment!
- Start packing: There are probably plenty of items that you won't really need to use over the next month or so like Christmas decorations or your ice cream maker. Start packing these infrequently used items so that as your moving date approaches, you'll have less to do. Don't forget that if the packing process just seems too overwhelming, Cheap Movers Las Vegas does offer full service moving solutions.
- Develop an unpacking plan: You likely already know where you're headed. Think about how you want furniture arranged in your new house and where you want movers to place all your boxes. It's helpful to clearly label your boxes with what room they go to in the new house.
- Change of Address: Visit your local post office or go online to fill out an address for mail forwarding. Mail forwarding lasts for 6 months from your initial change of address request, so you'll want to make sure all of your contacts have your updated mailing address.
- Utilities: Contact your utility companies and schedule the end of service date for a day or two after your move. Make sure utilities are turned on at your new home prior to moving day.
- Finish packing: Finish up the last of your packing. Make sure to pack all of your valuables and important documents in a separate box that you personally carry to your new home. Additionally, it's smart to pack a box of things you'll need for your first couple of nights in your new home. This way, items like linens, toiletries, a change of clothes, paper towels, are close on hand and you don't have to dig through a bunch of boxes to find the essentials.
- Inventory: Make sure you have a thorough inventory of all your items. This way you can easily check to make sure all of your belongings make it to your new home. It's a good idea to take pictures of everything the movers are picking up so you can prove any loss or damage more easily.
- Clean: Once the movers have loaded up the truck, make sure to do a thorough cleaning of your old home or apartment. To make things easier, schedule a maid service to do a deep cleaning for you, so it's one less thing on your list.
- Move!: Step aside and let the movers do their thing! Make sure you give clear instructions on where you want everything in your new place.
- Get organized: Once the furniture is in place and the movers have taken off, get started with unpacking. Start with the kitchen, and then go room by room getting things organized.
- Update Your Address: You'll need to update your address with your bank and any credit card providers, order new checks, update your driver's license. Also speak with your insurance agent to make any necessary updates to your insurance policies.
- Meet the Neighbors: Get out and explore your new neighborhood!! Congrats, you're all moved!
To schedule a reliable local Las Vegas mover, contact us today!
Start Saving Today
Find us on:
Facebook | Yelp | Twitter | Google+