1.2. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT BASIC INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
In operating the Site, we collect personal information from you in a couple different situations. The first is if you should contact us via the “contact” page or fill out any of the various “moving quote” forms. You are not required to provide your personally identifiable information when you visit the Site. However, in order to obtain information, including quotes from Service providers (“Vendors”), you must fill out and submit a quote request form containing personally identifiable information including without limitation your name, email address, addresses, phone number, home types, automobile information, move dates, and information pertaining to your service needs (a “Quote Request). The second is if you leave a comment to a blog post during which you may be asked for a name and other information. You are not required to provide us with information via these two methods to use and enjoy the Site.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(c) SPONSORS AND ADVERTISERS. We may decide to accept sponsorship and advertisements on the Site. Should this occur, you should assume said sponsors and advertisers will be given access to the impressions and click data on their marketing pieces.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Your Quote Request may include an opportunity to participate in our direct marketing program or additional offers available in the Quote Request. If you opt-in to our direct marketing program or additional offers, we will share your information with third-party marketers and service providers for the purposes of marketing and advertising their products and services to you. After we share your information with such third-party marketers, we do not and cannot control the third-party marketers’ subsequent use or disclosure of your information and cannot guarantee that they will not disclose, sell or use your information in a manner that you do not anticipate. You therefore must contact the third-party marketers if you have any questions or concerns regarding their use of your information.
- We may also use the information you provide in your Quote Request to (i) contact you about your satisfaction with the Site, whether you obtained Services from any Vendor through the Site, the identity of any such Vendor, and your satisfaction with the Services provided by such Vendor, and (ii) to send you information and promotional messages about our associated products and services, or the products or services that we offer on this Site or on our other websites.
- When you provide personal contact information in association with a Quote Request, you may be contacted by text message, email, or phone (possibly with auto-dialing or recorded messages) to get in touch to provide a quote. By submitting a Quote Request, you agree to be contacted using any of these methods and your consent is not a condition of purchase.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(d) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose any information we have for you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(e) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of the Site or our company, including the information collected through this Site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, user information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices related to this Site, please feel contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2. UPDATES AND CHANGES